This appears to be a very long-running game of New Year's Resolutions Tag. Now I did my New Years postings and ponderings back at New Years - but since I can't sleep - I figured I would play.
7 things I want to do in 2006:
- Get back in shape physically
- Play at LEAST one movement of one of the unaccompanied Bach cello suites as a prelude or offeratory in church (i.e. in PUBLIC)
- See more sunrises
- Climb a mountain I've never climbed before
- Get out of debt/Be more disciplined and organized about finances
- Get to know knew people - enlarge our circle of friends and to find some "couple friends"
- Go camping with Allan and all 5 m's! We've only been once with all 5 kids and it was at the SDA camp for Filipino campmeeting. Melissa was in Maine the long weekend we camped at Manning Park.
- overextend/overcommit myself
- waste time doing nothing (yes - these two contradict each other - I go in cycles)
- emotional eating
- self-isolation - that's happened a lot since the twins because it's too much work to go out
- impossible expectations
- Get back into shape
- Reach out more often and be the one to intiate contact/conversations
- Try to have more reasonable expectations of myself and my family
- Pray for my family and friends
- Take care better care of myself so that I am better equipped to give to others
- Work on arranging to go on dates with Allan now and then (as in arranging babysitting and planning something)
- Read more to the kids
- I am not this organized about planning to memorize. But I do plan to start helping the kids learn their memory verses. The Beginners class has one a month and I'm not sure if the the Kindergarten class Melissa and Michael are in do memory verses weekly or monthly.
- I have a problem with this one. If I haven't read the book - I probably haven't heard about it or I don't really want to read it! When I do hear about a book I want to read - I just request it online from the library and they send me an e-mail when it's in. Our library system is WONDERFUL about getting the newer books into the system and they can pull from all over the Greator Vancouver Area now - not just our specific city library system. I'm a huge fan of the public library system!
- I will read way more than seven books in 2006. I have started taking the kids to the library almost every week. When we go - the deal is that Mommy has to find ONE grown-up book before we got to the children's section. So I'm reading about a book a week. Which my sisters will laugh over -but it's harder now than it used to be to get any time at all to read.
- Lord of the rings trilogy - yes - that's right. I've never read any of the Lord of the rings books. Allan even has them
7 Movies I’ve Never Seen that I’m Going to Watch in 2006: I know I'll end up watching more than 7 movies in 2006. That tends to be our "date night" after kids go to bed every couple of weeks. I am finding though - that it seems to be harder and harder to find movies at video rental places that aren't just the latest new releases. It's like once they are not knew anymore - they just aren't kept around.
- Chronicles of Narnia (We have the books - so really want to see this one)
- Memoirs of a Geisha (I've read the book - I want to see the movie)
- Roving Mars (I'm thinking date night at an IMAX - Allan's going to want to see this one)
- Zathura (o.k. - my sister was in a stage version of Jumangi - so now I want to see this one too)
- Supersize me (much as I'm sure I"ll regret it.....)
- Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (if I can find it around - always meant to rent that one - haven't yet)
- Lord of the rings trilogy (but only after reading the books - Allan's got the dvds too)
7 people I want to join in too:
- Any of my family members - sisters, parents, cousins, SIL (that shoud cover more than 7 right there)
- Jamie and/or Melissa
- Anyone else who reads/comments on here (If you are sitting there thinking "HEY - she didn't mention ME - then I mean you...and I claim Mommy brain)
If you decide to play, please post a comment that you did so in the comments for this post. Anyone blogless else who wants to play-Tag, you're it too. you can post your entire seven 7's in the comments.
If you decide not to play - well - it's already the middle of February! The game had to end sometime. Though I'm wondering if this will STILL be going around by Q4 of 2006? At what point does a list of things to do in the year_____ become - well just irrelevant? End of Jan? Feb? March because it's the first quarter? End of June because the year is half over? Or all the way until December of 2006?