Tuesday, November 07, 2000

History in the making

According to the weatherman on the radio yesterday, the POP for any given day in November for this part of the country is 70%. So it is no mean thing to describe the sunshine we have had for the last couple of days as "very unsual weather".

I wanted to take advantage of this meteorological anomaly so I rode my bike to work this morning. I'd forgot how nice it was to ride in the morning. Had to take it slow though, because my lungs just aren't where they were before.

Michael goes for his 2 month checkup at the Doctor's tonight. This will be his first set of shots ever. Speaking of shots, the public health nurse will be visiting our office on Thursday and I will be getting a 'flu shot myself.

Our old place hasn't been rented yet so it looks like we won't be getting any of our rent back for November. Sigh.

On the good side, Cheryl reports that she got a lot done today because she had the van. Our mail is now being forwarded to our new address. Cheryl's driver's license address has been updated. Our application for the Canadian Child Tax Benefit was also submitted today.

Across the border our American friends and family are casting their votes for a new president, congress, and a host of other state resolutions and amendments. From the returns on CNN, it looks like it is a very close race between George W. and the Vice president. As an aside, I'm on an ADSL connection and CNN usually refreshes very quickly. Tonight it is taking a good 4 or 5 seconds to refresh: an indication of the amount of people out there wanting the latest information.

I don't know about you, but as I step back and look at everything going on out there, I can't help but feel that we are right in the middle of history in the making.

No comments: