Saturday, September 09, 2006

Labour Day 2006: Day 2 - Behind the Scenes

Before I go on to Day 3, I thought I'd post some more photos from Day 2. Don't forget that you can click on any of them to go to our Flickr site where you can see larger versions of the picture.

I did manage to take some pictures of the M's before they fell off that giant fallen log.



Looking at the photos now, I wish I had more people or things in them to better help indicate the scale of the thing pictured. Take the picture I include here for example. The tree itself was an organic skyscraper, and in many ways surpassing anything made by hands. It seems a little prosaic though in this image.



I should have had Cheryl or dad in this following picture instead of Megan. She's barely 3 ft tall, so yeah, any tree is really big compared to her.



I think I mentioned in the post that I gave Cheryl the heebee-jeebies by standing really close to the end of the cliff above the falls. Maybe this picture will give you an idea of how close I was to the edge. Or, maybe it doesn't ...



Maybe this one does a better job ..

No comments: