Friday, September 08, 2006

Indoctrination, eh?

Remember a post a while ago about Cheryl reading her algebra text to the kids at bedtime? Well, she's at it again.

This semester Cheryl has a 100 level Poli-Sci course which is an intro to Canadian Politics. So right now she's indoctrinating the kids with what all good Canadians should know about the CBC, CanCon, the CRTC, the National Film Board of Canada, the Canada Council for the Arts, and on and on.

To their credit (or not, depending on how you look at it) Melissa and Michael are still awake.

Still I couldn't keep from laughing out loud as Cheryl read the words, "Canadian Drama". Discussions I've heard about how real Peter Mansbridge's (current) toupee is crossed my mind. Yes, I know about Da Vinci's Inquest. And man, oh man am I ticked that Regenesis is only available in the more expensive cable packages. Still, the phrase Canadian Drama just puts me in mind of excruciatingly earnest radio hosts on CBC radio discussing Very Important Canadian Literature.

Oooooh. Now she's reading the words, "Domestic Canadian Policy." As if there were Canadian policies which weren't domestic.



Okay. I'll stop now.

No comments: