Thursday, August 25, 2005

What a difference a year makes!


August 2004 - what a difference a year makes!
Originally uploaded by Allan & Cheryl.

Our 5 M's - August 2004. I can't believe how much they all have changed in "only" one year!!

Sept 2004


I've survived 18.5 months with twins, including having "5 under 5" and "5 - 5 and under." Life is just as busy now as it was a year ago - only the challenges are different. I get my sleep in longer stretches now.

I'm not getting that much more sleep overall though. After the kids go to bed - I end up staying up for hours just to get everything done around the house, practice cello and catch up online.

My awake time is much busier now with two active twin toddlers, a preschooler as well as attempting to homeschool Melissa and Michael.

Long gone are the days of letting the kids watch CBC kids all morning while I nursed and napped with the twins. TV time is now carefully regulated and the TV cabinet remains locked most of the time now.

Gone are the days of getting to be online for hours a day guilt-free because I was nursing twins who wouldn't eat around noise or distractions. I've gradually dropped many online forums entirely and greatly scaled back both reading and posting on the forums I'm still active on.

It's an exciting time though - the twins are growing and changing so fast. Every day they learn something new, say something new. It's inspiring to watch their enthusiasm about the world around them.

1 comment:

LarryandJean said...

Cheryl, those are precious pictures that remind us of the tremendous growth and development that your children have made in the past 1 1/2 years. We look forward to coming and seeing them all soon.