Sunday, May 15, 2005

Megan broke my glasses


Deceptively thin
Originally uploaded by Allan & Cheryl.

My fault - I suppose for leaving them within reach of small people. I rescued my lenses out of her mouth but too late. Her sharp little chompers had already scratched and cracked the lenses beyond repair.

Allan managed to straighten out the frames somewhat and put the damaged lenses back in. But wearing them for any length of time is going to give me a horrific headache - plus I'm nervous about the possibily getting glass in my eye from the crack/chip.

So I'll be off to the optometrist on Monday morning. It's been almost 2 years since I got these glasses but close to 5 years since my last eye exam. So I doubt I'll be able to talk anyone into replacing my lenses this time without the eye exam.

I'm seriously considering contacts as the twins won't be able to grab them off my face. I was thinking about contacts last night actually - while doing self-portraits around 2am. This may be a good time to go ahead and try that.

No comments: