Sunday, January 30, 2005

Packing with Twins

Note to self - always make sure the twins are securely blocked off from the area where packing is taking place. They're just too smart to keep out of trouble!

This evening was devoted to getting everything hanging on our walls and in our closets into boxes. I got some newspapers together and was wrapping up our framed pictures when the twins came crawling over to where I was seated in the kitchen.



I tried to shoo them away, but they wouldn't leave. Melissa and Michael came in at that point and managed to distract the two into following them back to their room. Consequently I forgot all about them.

A few minutues later Cheryl also came in, opened up the cupboards, and started pulling dishes off the shelves and packing them into a box on the kitchen floor. Then I heard a squawk of protest from Cheryl, "What are you doing!?"

I turned to see that Megan and Maribeth had silently and stealthily crawled past me into the kitchen and homed in on an undefended box of left-over candy canes. Each girl clutched a candy cane (or two) in each of her chubby little fists, and was vigorously sucking on them with the wrappers still on, no doubt in hopes of schlurping the plastic right off and getting at the sweetness inside.

For a few minutes Cheryl and I debated (to put it politely) over who was going to stop what they were doing and attend to the baby confection bandits. It fell to Cheryl to deal with the twins, which is why she did nothing more (or less) than condone their raid by unwrapping a candy cane for each girl and handing it back to her.

All of which is just a very long winded way of saying that I ended up doing the de-sticky-fying of the twins before plopping them into their cribs, each with a bottle.

No comments: