Saturday, October 16, 2004

You know how trauma sometimes blocks memories?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Last night I thought I was getting a bit long-winded in my narrative and my concentration at that point just (sorry for the pun) petered out.

Someday, perhaps with the help of a good hypnotist, I will be able to recall everything that happened after the procedure was completed.

Here's what I remember. I got up .. assisted by the nurse. Made sure the gauze was in place, and then gingerly pulled up my clothes.

They had me sit for 15 minutes in the waiting area to see that I was alright. They gave me a juice-box to bring up my blood-sugar.

My dad drove me home and I had to creep up the short slope from the side-walk to the walk beside our house. I think the stairs were kind of tough too.

The big-leaf maple at the side of our house


After that I laid down and slept for 8 or 9 hours straight.

No comments: