Saturday, October 09, 2004

Giving Thanks for 30 Years

My dad and step-mom came over for Thanksgiving dinner this evening. While we were eating he asked me if I knew that our family had arrived in Canada on a Thanksgiving.

"It was October 8 that we arrived. We didn't know that it was Thanksgiving at all. I looked at the trees and wondered if there was a drought or blight because none of them had leaves .. That was 30 years ago."

Where does all the time go?

Dad also said that Madeleine now looks like Gail did back then, though she talks more than Gail did. In reality Madeleine is about halfway between the age I was and my sister's age back then. I was 3 1/2 years old when we left the Philippines and Gail was a year younger. Madeleine will be 3 in about a week.

The Roo-child

No comments: