Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Pilates = Torture

So now - how to deal with the post-partum "twin-skin" and flab. This is a favourite subject at twins forums - and the general consensus seemed to be Pilates. Pilates has been around for a while - but I have typically gone for more active forms of exercise. But since regular walking hasn't improved the tummy pouch at all - I thought it was time to get on the Pilates bandwagon.

Having been tipped off to an online sale at www.gaim.com by an online pal - I ordered 4 Pilates videos - total including taxes and shipping was just under $12 US! Which seemed a very good deal to me as the last exercise video I bought was just under $20. The Pilates and Yoga videos were in the sale bin plus they give you a code for $5 off your order if you give them an e-mail address for them to spam you.

Pilates for Beginners and Pilates P.M. (level beginner) seemed as though they would gentle enough - but only a few minutes into the video - I was sure they had been created as a new form of torture.

"Now sit in a V balencing on your tailbone and beat your arms in the air to your sides 100 times - keep going ... just a few more ..." I could barely finish the video.

The next morning - I felt like I had just had another abdominal surgery. I could barely get up, it hurt to lift my arms over my head, reach for things, or turn to either side. I had to resort to Advil and a hot rice pack - followed by soaking in a hot bath before bed. It took three days to recover from that 30 mins of Pilates torture!

Well - around about day 4 - I thought, "it can't be that bad a second time". So I did the video again. I thought, "this is much easier this time" - until the next morning. When again - I'm moving like a hospital patient and downing Advil. With all the pain it's causing me - I'd better see some good results and soon!

The Torture Video

No comments: