Sunday, September 19, 2004

Into every life

.. a little rain must fall. Friday night and yesterday I took Michael on his first campout. We had a great time, even though it poured rain like it was going out of style. And wouldn't you know it, after Michael got his shoes soaked, after our tent was drooling wet, and after I decided to throw in the towel and head home, the sun came out!

Day 1


Day 2


I think I could have convinced Michael to stay another night out if all had been well, but he was thinking that he was missing his sisters.

I found out after we got back that the rainfall from this weekend pushed our month total way beyond all previous records for rainfall here in the lower mainland for September. We hit 160 mm of rain and the record was 143 mm for the month.

The good news is that none of this fazed, or still fazes Michael. He asked me again today when we could go camping again.

No comments: