Wednesday, September 29, 2004

I'm not pregnant (again) - I'm just fat

It finally happened to me last week. Someone mistook the residual stomach pouch and flab left when the twins exited for a new pregnancy.

"Oh when are you due?"

"I'm not pregnant - I'm FAT" - I snapped back.

The church member said "oh" and scurried off quickly.

This is humiliation indeed - though the mistake was understandable. If the truth must be told - I do look about 5 months pregnant.

Ever Feel Like This?
Cheryl's Slug Photo

For the first few months after giving birth - moms are given understanding that all may not be back as it was before especially when it was twins. Even though in my case - the 2 twins together weighed at same about as Madeleine had as a newborn. But the twins are almost 8 months old now and my time has come to deal with that belly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ho, ho, ho, there are a lot of people who would LOVE to be "fat" like you...

Cheryl said...

it's not really the total weight (though that's more than I would like). The problem is the distribution over the stomach area.